Living in Loudoun

Thoughts,ideas and helpful info about living in Loudoun County - good and bad points etc

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

All the Kings Horses... could not fix Independence Air

You can see some of their offices on Shaw Road in Sterling near Herndon. I always did think that their work trucks with the big T-tail fins with the words "FLYi" on them were a great marketing concept but I wondered how the vehicles would drive in high winds. In a twisted sense, I guess on the freeway when there were no winds, that they stayed pretty straight.

Too bad that today's news was that Independence Air was shutting down. Customer satisfaction was great but the financial numbers were in the dumps. They thought they could go it alone without United but they were wrong. Great ideas, great spirit, great motivation but lousy numbers on the load factors and cash flow. It was only a matter of time.

I'm going to miss them.

Go over to my other blog at Rational Politics for my opinions on the actual root cause for this happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home